& Web Administrator
Wendy Farfan was born in Chicago Illinois, and was raised in both Mexico City and in Chicago. She has a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from Jacksonville University, a Bachelor in Finance and she also holds a degree as a Computer Network Administrator. Wendy has been a Northeast Florida resident since 2007 (Jacksonville Metropolitan area). She has over 15 years of experience in the banking industry and has worked for several of the large banks such as JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank , and Wells Fargo to name a few. Wendy is fluent in the Spanish language, she can read, write and speak Spanish.
Wendy is also involved in other duties with the DHCF such as: Chair of the Endorsement Committee, Founder of Duval County DHCF Chapter, DHCF North Florida Regional GOTV Coordinator, 2014 and 2015 Gala Committee Member, and assist in other projects as needed.
Wendy has volunteered for the following organizations:
- Organizing for America (OFA) 2008 and 2012. In 2012 she performed written translations for OFA of marketing media which was used for mass mail distribution in the Hispanic communities in the states of Florida and Colorado.
- League of United Latin American Citizens -As a LULAC member, Wendy helped advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, housing, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of Jacksonville FL. Wendy served as Deputy Director for the Elderly for the State of Florida board in 2013, and was actively involved in the local community of Jacksonville Florida as the Secretary of LULAC North Florida (2012-2013)
- Habitat for Humanity of Jacksonville FL- Wendy assisted in the construction of a new home for the poor and helped cut and put up new siding, weather proof windows, nail wood boards, and clean up construction site.
- World Relief Jacksonville FL – Wendy assisted with the issues of their computer lab, installed new router, organized network cables, connected printers to the network, troubleshoot wireless internet, and troubleshoot and fix secured connections. World Relief of Jacksonville helps refugees of all ethnic backgrounds get acclimated with the United States by providing English lessons, job search assistance, and anything else that helps them adapt quickly.
- St. Francis Soup Kitchen of Jacksonville FL – Wendy served hot meals to the less fortunate, poor, homeless, and anyone in need of nourishment.
For leisure Wendy likes to spend time with her children, travel, shopping, read business articles or politics to keep updated, and network with colleagues and friends.